I paste here the introduction:
This article is an example of 3D rendering and content processing with XNA, and a good start for those you want to start learning XNA. Although it´s not a full working Billiards game (that will be another article), it can be a good starting point for one too.
It´s not intended to show the best way of doing anything, it´s just a quick example I´ve made in four or five ours. Any improvement is really welcome!
It covers the following topics:
- Content processor development
- Content exporting from 3DSMax, including Max shaders, ready to use with XNA
- Content loading
- 3D rendering, with and without Max Shaders
- Basic camera development
- Basic Sprite management
- Basic custom user interface development
- Mouse reading
- Scene and 3d models management
- Settings serialization with XML
- Additional model properties implementation