Logitech Gaming Software 5.01 BUG: Corrupts Windows Vista Registry

Yesterday, I had to run the regedit (I realize, that for the first time in months) and it looked absolutely corrupt. The computer worked fine, but it´s aspect was scary, very scary...

I´m not such a Registry-Freak as many people there, you know, kind of: "hey, this process usually gets 0.5Mb of mem less, this should be a trojan", and then comes all the stuff with HighJackThis, Ant-Spy, Anti-Trojans and Anti-Spartans too... ;)

But I know enough about the registry to see that a hundred entries in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER with names like "{(", "Ó│" or "#a" are not good at all.

So, after one day and a half struggling with the issue, I´ve realized that the Logitech Gaming Software was to blame. See the following pics:

1.- Healthy Registry. (before installing Logitech Gaming Software 5.01):

2.- Registry after installing and reboot (strange entry marked in red):


3.- Registry after a second reboot (strange entry family growing):



The thing is, every time the system boots up, the LGS adds a crap entry to the registry, under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. So after a long while, your registry looks like "The Matrix" screensaver...

I´ve made a quick google about this stuff and found nothing, but maybe it´s a known issue. Anyway, I´ll send an email to the WingManTeam people to see if this is really a bug or it has a reasonable explanation (probably not ;).

My specs:

Dell XPS 420 (Quad Core, 3Gb RAM, GeForce 8800 GT). WindowsVista Ultimate 32 bits with Service Pack 1. Logitech G25 Racing Wheel.

Cheers!