Monday, 15 June 2009

Yahoo! Excuse me…

I am a Yahoo mail account user since 1996 (13 years old and counting!!). In fact, there was no Spanish delegation of Yahoo yet, so my email account is a .com, instead of a .es.

Several years ago, Yahoo offered all of us to change to the newer Yahoo Mail, pretty well developed. After some years being the new Yahoo Mail in beta stage, they finally released as stable some time ago. However, I still cannot understand why several options inside the “Account options” tab are still in development.

They say, explicitly:

Pardon our appearance during construction. We're still tweaking the Yahoo! Mail Accounts option. Temporarily you'll need to access it through the Yahoo! Mail Classic interface. But, rest assured, any changes made will take effect once you've reloaded the Yahoo! Mail.”

We are still tweaking!!! For gods sake! How many years you need to tweak ????

And what is even more annoying. I decided to pay for the Mail Plus version of yahoo, just to get access to the Back Up feature, to store all my mails. Well, this think NEVER worked. I paid for nothing. I tried it many times, but as I have thousands of emails, the process always stopped working in the middle.

I really think that one shouldn't complain too much about something that is free, but when pay for something, one expects to receive some professionalism in return.

So… at at… yahooooooó! Excuse me…

1 comment:

Felipe said...

Try Yahoo Zimbra desktop ir order to backup your emails. It's free.

So, what did you do? You become a Gmail user or something?

See ya!